Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer in and out of the city

Great Caesar's Ghost! We're halfway through August! Where has the summer gone?
I shouldn't complain. This has pretty much been the best summer of my post-adolescent/pre-parental life. I saw Ken Vandermark and Jonathan Richman. I saw the new Batman movie (I still have a hard time calling it by its actual title) AND the new Hulk movie. I ate a lot of cheeseburgers and a LOT of Zako's smoked meat sandwiches. I officially became an Auxiliary Responsible Person In Charge. I scored all four Hoke Moseley novels. Oh, and I totally got married.
There's still plenty of summer enjoyment left to be had. Just ask East Van faves The Great Outdoors (or as I like to call 'em, the Grout Eatdoors)(I don't actually like to call 'em that). They've just released their Summer EP, the second in their series of four seasonal releases that kicks it in ways that Vivaldi could only dream about.

mp3: "Summer in the City" by The Great Outdoors
mp3: "Good Days" by the Fembots

1 comment:

Ms .45 said...

Well, that is gorgeous - congratulations! And thank you for these awesome tunes.