Thursday, October 11, 2007

Montreal Field Report #2: Psychedelic Cauliflower


The best thing I did in Montreal was eat. I ate a lot. I even ate something by accident that I would probably never willingly eat.
A few things I discovered about Montreal food:
-Vancouver does Indian and Sushi better and cheaper
-Montreal has some amazing vegetarian places, including Chu Chai, which bizarrely specializes in fake meat dishes (where flesh is replaced by soy and gluten proxies). We actually just ate normal, vegetable-based dishes, and they were pretty damn fine.
-Even though Le Commensal looks like an all-you-can-eat buffet, it's actually a pay-by-weight deal. So you have to try extra hard to curb your a-y-c-e pig-out instincts, lest you get SHOCKED by a $20 tab.
-"Scallopinni Cardinale" is VEAL.

No comments: