Thursday, August 30, 2007

Call Me, I Won't Call You and other random stuff

After a full year of having a cell phone, I finally put a ringtone on it. I'm not going to tell you what it is, though. You'll have to hang out with me until I get a call to find out.

I don't get many calls, but I do enjoy the security of having when I'm coming home late at night/early in the morning. I make even fewer calls. In fact, I hardly call anyone at all.

Working the nightshift, I feel out of step with the rest of the world. I'm pretty guarded about my free time, and so I figure that everybody else is too. Like, people probably have better things to do at two in the afternoon--namely, work--when I'm ready to hang out? Maybe I don't give my friends enough credit. Maybe I don't see or talk to them enough to even have a sense of what their daily schedules are like.

Before this turns into a pity party: The point is, if I haven't called you, don't take it personally. In fact, if you have a number to call me at, I'd probably like to hear from you, and I am available to hang out weekday afternoons!
-----


On the way to work, I usually pick up a coffee at that place named after the guy from Battlestar Galactica who was named after Moby Dick. I'm not particularly proud of myself, but what can I say, they've got all the most convenient locations. And now that I've been hitting them up four days a week for four months, I'm kinda hooked on their blends. When I'm ahead of schedule (never) I like to grab my coffee from Blake's, but they're like, three whole blocks out of the way. So I'm at the Bucks of Star, and I see a little sign (really little!) that reads "Like many of you, we've changed to 2% milk". Say what? What is this, 1991? 1987? I don't remember the last time homogenized milk (now more sensitively referred to as "whole" milk) passed my lips. In my parents' house, 2% became de rigeur about the time I grew my first sideburns, and skim took over by the time my shaving syncked up with the lunar cycle. For a company that has a reputation (among rubes, at least) for being near the vanguard of consumer culture, it sure loves its milk fat!
---

Saskploitation link of the day: Recent UFO activity in the motherland.

No comments: