Tuesday, June 05, 2007

30 Under 30 #12: Regrets, I've Had a Few...

Things that I wish I had done, but am also glad I didn't.

1. In November 1998, I received an advance copy of Smog's Knock Knock, which wasn't released until January 12, 1999. As such, the fine print read "Copyright 1999". Even though I loved that album (and still do), an opening presented itself. I decided that I should record my own version of the album without delay and copyright it 1998, and then turn around and sue the pants off Bill Callahan and Drag City. It's not like I had anything else going on in my life then.
2. I've always (always as in since the other night when I thought of it) wanted to get the words TIME and MONEY tattooed across my knuckles.
3. I would like to wear a (real) moustache for long enough that people would begin to doubt I was doing it as a joke.
4. When I was 19, and in Vancouver the first time, I thought it would be a good idea to sign on as a dishwasher or something similarly non-skill-requiring on a freight ship. I would see the world and avoid contact with people--except for the other people on the boat, of course.
5. My other big career aspiration when I was 19 was to become a hobo.

No comments: