Wednesday, May 23, 2007

30 Under 30 #8: Well, who wants fat hair?

I am totally balding. Not so much that you would notice, but enough that I would notice. Because I'm not only balding, I'm also vain.
My hairline has been beating a slow, but steady retreat for about five years now, and I reckon I've lost about half-an-inch of shoreline. Luckily, I've always had a bit of a widow's peak, so it's sorta just like my hairline is merely becoming more pronounced. But I'm worried.
See--and I'm not fishing for compliments here--I'm not the most handsome dude around, but I have always (except for when I did terrible things to it--but more on that later) been proud of my lovely locks. They are, those that remain, thick and curly. LUSCIOUS.
But soon, that will all be in the past. There will be nothing left for me to do but to become a cartoonist specializing in Canadian historical graphic novels.
For now, though, I'm merely content with the fact that I've yet to thin at the back of my skull. When that happens, I suppose, it will be time to just go hairless.
I'll miss my hair. We've had a lot of fun together. Especially on roller coasters. But it hasn't all been good times. There was a period where I used 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner. I had a ponytail when I was 12. And I never took it swimming in the ocean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my hair is turning white...WHITE!!!! well, not all of it, but a few strands here and there. go figure, the year i stop dying it it turns white. unless...it's been white all along and i never knew it!

p.s. i am more vain.

l.r.h.