Tuesday, May 22, 2007

30 Under 30 #7: Category: Living People

As Scott pointed out last week, I'm way behind on this 30 Under 30 business. From here, I think I need to blog at least twice a day to even think about hitting #30 by the time I hit 30.
Believe it or not, I actually had grand plans for this. I was going to do some ACTUAL REPORTAGE TYPE biz, like track down stories and interview folks and do research. I might still do some of that, but, hey, let's not kid ourselves.
One of things I wanted to do was check in with my old hero Richard Meltzer. It's been nearly seven years since last we spoke, and nearly four years since I've seen any new writing from him.
As far as I know, he's still in Portland, OR, which is pretty dang close. I was originally thinking of justing going down there some weekend and knocking on his door. But a) that would be rude, and b) that whole passport mess. But now that I'm talking about it, I might as well see some of this through or something.

No comments: